COMING SOON: THE FEDERATED RESEARCH DATA REPOSITORY
A scalable federated platform for digital research data management and the discovery of Canadian research data
Now Open for Beta Testing
FRDR will address a longstanding gap in Canada’s research infrastructure by providing a single platform from which research data can be ingested, curated, preserved, discovered, cited and shared.
The platform’s federated search tool will provide a focal point to discover and access Canadian research data, while the range of services provided by FRDR will help researchers store and manage their data, preserve their research for future use, and comply with institutional and funding agency data management requirements.
- Federated storage model: Individual institutions or organizations can store data and collections locally by connecting their storage into FRDR.
- Federated support model: On-campus support for researchers.
- Scalable model: Scalable systems accommodate growth in the adoption of FRDR by researchers and in the amount of data they store.
- National data discovery: Data collections hosted in FRDR and other existing data repositories are discoverable through a single federated search tool.
- Data preservation: FRDR can automatically create archival packages, with metadata and alternate formats for data that are suitable for long-term preservation.
- Access control mechanisms: Precise control over who can discover and access each data set, with support for embargo periods.
- Data set registration: DOIs can be automatically issued and registered to data sets, with licensing arranged through DataCite Canada.
PROJECT TIME FRAME