October 05, 2017 – The Portage progress report for the second and third quarters of 2017 is now available describing the status of activities and accomplishments made toward the goals outlined in the Portage Business Plan: 2017-2018, as well as operations and communications for this period.
Highlights from this reporting period include:
- Launch of the limited production stage of development for the Federated Research Data Repository (FRDR);
- Reports from the Data Discovery Working Groups on collections development and metadata standards for FRDR;
- Addition of a new training resources section to the Portage website;
- Development and delivery of a Portage outreach and training day co-located with the RDA 10th Plenary in Montreal, QC;
- New agreements signed between CARL-Portage and regional library councils;
- Submission of the Leadership Council for Digital Research Infrastructure (LCDRI) Data Management Working Group report to Innovation, Science, and Economic Development Canada (ISED); and
- Completion of stage one of the Portage formative assessment process.