Announcing the Repositories Selected for the NDRIO-Portage CoreTrustSeal Certification Support Cohort & Funding!
Portage is pleased to announce the repositories selected for the NDRIO-Portage CoreTrustSeal Certification Support Cohort & Funding. Launched in February 2021, the CoreTrustSeal Certification Support Cohort and Funding aims to support a group of Canadian repositories in achieving the requirements for CoreTrustSeal certification. Repositories participating in the cohort will receive training and engage with peers through facilitated workshops, including peer and expert review of repository self-assessments. Each participating repository will receive funding in the amount of $10,000 to assist with the work necessary to achieve CoreTrustSeal requirements, prepare the required self-assessments, and cover the CoreTrustSeal application fee.
The repositories selected for funding and membership in the support cohort are:
- Banque de données en santé durable (BDSD) de PULSAR, Université Laval
- Canadensys, Université de Montréal
- data.upei.ca, University of Prince Edward Island
- DataStream, Walter and Duncan Gordon Charitable Foundation
- Flowing Waters Information System (FWIS), Centre for Community Mapping
- Gambling Research Exchange (GREO) Data Repository
- Ocean Tracking Network Data Centre (OTNDC), Dalhousie University
- University of Alberta Dataverse
- University of Guelph Dataverse, including the Agri-environmental Research Data Repository (AERDR) and the University of Guelph Research Data Repository (UGRDR)
- University of Manitoba Dataverse
- University of New Brunswick Dataverse
- University of Victoria Dataverse
In addition to the funded repositories above, the following repositories will also participate in the support cohort without funding:
- Canadian Astronomy Data Centre (CADC), NRC, Herzberg Astronomy and Astrophysics (NRC-HAA)
- Canadian Humanities and Social Sciences Commons repository, Implementing New Knowledge Environments (INKE) Partnership / Electronic Textual Cultures Lab (ETCL) at the University of Victoria
- Espace Dataverse de l’UQAM
- OLOS, DLCM Project, Université de Genève, Switzerland
- Scholars Portal Dataverse cohort
Congratulations to the selected repositories! NDRIO and Portage are excited to work with them to advance FAIR and TRUST principles, support excellence in and strengthen confidence in Canadian data repositories, and foster excellence in Canadian research. Activities are expected to begin during the summer of 2021 – more details will be coming soon. We wish to thank all those who applied to the call.