The Portage DMP Assistant is a national, online, bilingual data management planning tool developed by Portage to assist researchers in preparing data management plans (DMPs).
- create project plans, using a generic template or an institution-, discipline-, or methodology-specific template,
- See guidance appropriate to the particular template they are using,
- collaborate with multiple researchers on a plan,
- and connect to local guidance and support for data management at their academic institutions.
- customize the default Portage template for their institution,
- create institution-specific templates and guidance,
- and view information about DMP Assistant usage at their institution.
This service is freely available to all researchers in Canada.
The original DMP Assistant was adapted from the Digital Curation Centre’s (DCC) DMP Online tool, with a French user interface produced with support from the Université de Montréal Library. DMP Assistant 2.0 uses the DMP Roadmap codebase developed by the DCC and the University of California Curation Center (UC3).
DMP Assistant is hosted at the University of Alberta.