The Portage COVID-19 Working Group developed these guidance documents to help support research data management in accordance with the RDA COVID-19 Guidelines and Recommendations.
Guide to COVID-19 Rapid Response Data Sharing and Deposit for Canadian Researchers
This guide introduces researchers to preparing data for deposit in accordance with the Joint statement on sharing research data and findings relevant to the novel coronavirus (nCoV) outbreak.
Can I Share My Data?
This decision tree is designed to help alert researchers to situations where human participant data would need to be anonymized or de-identified before being deposited into a repository. It relies heavily on the Canadian Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans – TCPS 2 (2018) which addresses consent and secondary use of information for research purposes.
This guidance is intended to help researchers minimize disclosure risk when sharing data collected from human participants.
Documentation and Supporting Material Required for Deposit
A brief guide outlining key materials for depositing data in a repository.
Recommended Repositories for COVID-19 Research Data
This document is designed to help researchers select a repository that will provide immediate and long-term access to their COVID-19 data.
These documents were prepared by the following members of the Portage Network, Portage Secretariat, and the Canadian RDM community:
- Erin Clary, Portage
- Lucia Costanzo, University of Guelph
- Rebecca Dickson, COPPUL
- Jane Fry, Carleton University
- Beth Knazook, Portage
- Mark Leggott, Research Data Canada
- Melanie-Parlette Stewart, University of Guelph
- Roger Reka, University of Windsor
- Chantal Ripp, University of Ottawa
- Nick Rochlin, University of British Columbia
- Kelly Stathis, Portage
- Kathy Szigeti, University of Waterloo
- Felicity Tayler, University of Ottawa
- Kristi Thompson, Western University
- Minglu Wang, York University
- Qian Zhang, University of Waterloo
For more information about these guidance documents, please contact Portage Curation Coordinator Erin Clary: firstname.lastname@example.org.