Terms of Reference for the Portage FRDR Service Model Working Group
Develop a distributed service model for the Federated Research Data Repository (FRDR) that incorporates FRDR as a Portage research data management platform by engaging appropriate Portage expert groups and by supporting a community of practice for the use of FRDR on Canadian campuses.
- Provide recommendations of best practices for a distributed service model for FRDR, including:
- Curation staffing and on-campus researcher support models
- Curation workflows from data ingestion and publication to long-term preservation
- Help identify priority features required for the service launch and considerations for future development
- Identify the level and type of training required for local support and use of FRDR
The members will serve for 6 months, starting in August 2017, and report back to the FRDR Steering Committee.
Frequency of Meetings:
Format of Meetings:
Google Hangouts, by invitation
Record of Meetings:
Agenda and minutes to be documented in Google Docs or other document management services that support sharing and collaboration.
Lee Wilson, Portage/ACENET
Method of operation:
- All members are encouraged to identify issues and to propose them as agenda items (with the necessary background/support documentation) for review and discussion;
- Members are to express opinions openly and respectfully;
- Members are encouraged to identify any potential threats so that risks can be mitigated.