The purpose of the Research Intelligence Expert Group (RIEG) is to 1) develop and maintain a high-level roadmap for research about RDM in Canada and to 2) organize and oversee working groups to gather evidence and prepare reports on these topics.
The group will work to define the RDM landscape in Canada on many fronts through the following actions:
- Develop a roadmap that identifies gaps in our knowledge about research data management practices, developments, culture, and policies in Canada.
- Based on the roadmap, design a series of independent studies to gather evidence on these RDM gaps. Studies requiring resources will be presented to the Portage Steering Committee or key RDM stakeholders for support.
- Organize working groups to conduct studies.
- Propose recommendations to the Portage Steering Committee based on the evidence produced from the studies that have been conducted.
- Maintain a section of the Portage website dedicated to the findings from the studies conducted by the Expert Group.
- Dylanne Dearborn, University of Toronto (Chair)
- Calum Center, University of Calgary
- Melissa Cheung, University of Ottawa
- Alex Cooper, Queen’s University
- Lyne Da Sylva, Université de Montréal
- Shahira Khair, University of Victoria
- Mark Leggott, Research Data Canada
- Will Meredith, Royal Roads University
- Carol Perry, University of Guelph
- Jean-Baptiste Poline, McGill University
- Kathy Szigeti, University of Waterloo
- Andrea Szwajcer, University of Manitoba
- Tatiana Zaraiskaya, University of New Brunswick
- Minglu Wang, York University